April autism autism awareness Autism Awareness Month BBB Wise Giving Alliance Black Truffle brand ambassador celiac disease charitable foundation charitable giving Charity charity partner childhood hunger Company News Connecticut contest deep river snacks diet Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism Events Feed the Children Find Us food allergy get involved Give A Chip giving back gluten free gluten intolerance gluten sensitivity halloween halloween recipe HONCHOS hunger kettle chips Light It Up Blue local business Miss Momcho National Celiac Awareness Month National Celiac Awareness Month events no dye no MSG non-GMO nutrition organic Packaging Products recipe Recipes salt and cracked pepper snack food snacks Sustainability tortilla chips Who Gives A Chip?
On Small Business Saturday, the day after Black Friday, customers are encouraged to shop at small, local businesses in the spirit of supporting their local communities! This year, Deep River Snacks paired up with Angelini Wine, Ltd. and Shore Discount Liquors right here in Deep River, CT, for a wine and chip pairing event! Sure, cheese is great, but everyone knows that kettle chips are the most delicious (and a quick and easy) wine accompaniment!
Customers stopped by the sampling tables to taste pairings of their favorite wines and Deep River Snacks kettle chips. The wine experts at Angelini Wine, Ltd. and Shore Discount Liquors helped create perfect pairings, and allowed customers to explore some not-so-good ones, too!
What was discovered? Potatoes, pickles, and Prosecco created the most harmonious pairing and a tasty, spicy explosion! And, well… Mesquite BBQ with Prosecco was not lighting anyone’s fire, as the wine held back the flavor of the chips.
Overall, 5 wines and 10 flavors of chips were sampled. Here are the top pairings. Why not try them out for yourself?
- Carpene Malvoltti Prosecco paired with the Spicy Dill Pickle Kettle Chips – like poprocks in your mouth; the spice explodes as the bubbles meet your tongue.
- Carpene Malvoltti Prosecco also brought out the spice in the Zesty Jalapeño Kettle Chips – the bubbly Prosecco ignites the chips’ four-alarm kick (from only four ingredients) and heats your body up!
- Carl Reh Riesling paired with Sweet Maui Onion Kettle Chips – enhances the onion flavors and brings out the sweetness.
- Carl Reh Riesling paired with Sea Salt & Vinegar Kettle Chips – balances the tangy tastes of the vinegar.
- Livon Pinot Grigio paired well with the Rosemary and Olive Oil Kettle Chips – like a nice Italian meal.
- Livon Pinot Grigio paired with Aged Cheddar & Horseradish – brought out the rich flavor of cheddar cheese and balan
ced the horseradish kick!
- Palagetto Chianti was perfectly matched with the Salt & Cracked Pepper Kettle Chips, bringing out the peppery flavors of both.
Have you done your own wine and Deep River Snacks pairing? What is your favorite combination? Share your discoveries with us on social media, using #DeepRiverSnacks (tag us, too — @DeepRiverSnacks)!
Check out some photos from the event: